Landscaping in 2023
As we head into 2023, my family is moving out of our house so we can start a renovation project! Of course, that also means we’re going to have to put the landscape back together when we’re done, which is pretty exciting. I’m asking myself all the usual questions:
- What do I like about the garden I already have?
- Which plants do I want to rescue for transplant?
- How should the layout change to fit the house updates?
- Do I want to have a lawn anymore?
- Should I move the bins to the other side of my house?
- How much is this all going to cost?!
I’m looking forward to dreaming up some fun elements, but I also know the hardest thing to do is to think about one’s own property. That’s why it’s so nice to hire a designer! I know I’m going to run my ideas by some colleagues for a fresh perspective.
My Front Garden Wish List
- Pathways that connect to the front door and side gates so I can easily move the bins around, get to my car, etc
- A majority native plant palette that reads easily, has adequate support and containment for neatness, and makes my house feel happy and welcoming
- Updated lighting (I love my landscape lighting by Olson Weaver Lighting)
- Something quirky like a Corgi topiary or some unusual plant
Well, I’m excited for my projects in 2023- how about you? Is it time to update your outdoor space? Maybe you’ve renovated, maybe your tastes have changed, maybe things got out of hand. Whatever it may be, I’m here to help! Let’s work on it together.